Sunday, January 11, 2009

When Jaya fell in love with Amitabh

When Jaya fell in love with Amitabh

jayaamitabh8ya.jpg

Jaya Bachchan vaguely remembers the first sight of her hubby Amitabh, ‘coz when designer combo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla ask her on their TV chat show, that if she fell in love at first sight with Amitabh, she replied with a “Maybe”!

She recounts her first meeting with hubby Amit and says,  “I first saw Amitji in an institute. I saw him, I liked him and I told my friends that you know he has got a personality. And they said what…he looks like a stick!”

“He was very thin and his face was full of his eyes. I remember I fought with my friends and said he is different.”

She also reveals the circumstances in which they got married, “We all, a group of friends, had decided that if ‘Zanjeer’ did well, we’ll all go for a holiday to London. And it did well. But Amitji’s parents objected and said that you can’t go for a holiday with a girl without being married to her.”

“Of course, he had told his parents that this is the girl that he wanted to marry. So, he said what’s the big deal, we’ll get married. We just decided. I was shooting in Calcutta and he called me and said that this is what happened. I said it’s okay with me. But you will have to ask my parents. He said okay I’ll call them and call you back. He spoke to my parents and my parents were like ‘ahem hmm mm ok’.”

She also feels that there is a difference being a daughter and a daughter-in-law,  I don’t know why but you feel you don’t need to respect your parents. You take your parents for granted. With your in-laws, you can’t do that and later on things change. Today, I feel more of a Bachchan than a Bhaduri (her maiden name),” she says.

0 comments: